Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Quinoa Pizza Bites

A coworker brought these in one day and I was hooked. She's actually a vegetarian so she adjusted this recipe to be a little more southwestern. She used black beans, cumin and some other spices. This recipe can really be adapted to any type of flavour - as long as the eggs and quinoa are used, the fillers can be totally adjusted.

The original recipe (which I followed pretty closely) can be found here.


* Please note - I'm going to write out the ingredients you'll need based on using the whole box of quinoa. I followed the recipe at first (which called for 2 cups of cooked quinoa) and had a tiny bit left that didn't fit in my muffin tin. I had probably about 1 1/2 cups of quinoa left and decided to just use the rest of it up. The only ingredients that have kind of critical amounts are the eggs and quinoa; I didn't measure the other stuff.


What you'll need:
1 box of quinoa, cooked
3 eggs
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
4 cloves of garlic, minced (I used a garlic presser for these)
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp oregano
3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
pizza sauce for dipping

What to do:
1. Follow the directions on the box to make the quinoa. Set aside and let cool.


2. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl.




3. Add the quinoa and mix.


4. Press into a mini muffin tin. Mine was non-stick so I didn't need cooking spray but if your muffin tin is a bit older, make sure to give it a good spray.


5. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.



Yummy!

1 comment: