Sunday, March 6, 2011

Keen-What? Keen-Wah! (or Quinoa)

I'd like to dedicate this blog to sharing with you guys one of my favourite (vegetarian) recipes.

Quinoa salad! Yay!
I've made this salad before with couscous but to my understanding, quinoa is healthier and they are virtually the same size and texture. I like to make a big batch and keep it in the fridge. It will last a few days.

You will need:
There are really only a few essential ingredients you will need for this salad.
Quinoa (or couscous if you prefer)
Can of chickpeas
Any kind of cheese (I like feta but really anything will do - grated or in little chunks. You can leave this out for a vegan version)
An assortment of vegetables and/or herbs. Ones that work well are: peppers, red onion, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, broccoli, parsley
Salad dressing of your choosing - I like Greek.

1. Make the quinoa according to the package directions. Then cool it off (for Winnipeggers in winter, this means sticking it outside for 10 minutes).

2. Chop all your vegetables into bite size pieces.

3. Mix the works together!

No comments:

Post a Comment