Friday, September 23, 2011

Best things about Autumn - Food Edition

Hey guys,

I haven't done a lot of cooking in the last week (other than the regular stuff) so I apologize for the lack of recipe in this post but I would like to talk the time to talk a little about autumn related food.

That's right, it's time to say goodbye to lovely summer salads and sangria and trade it in for more heartier, warming meals. And the best part of fall? Fall suppers! That's right, those suppers that are put on by all the ladies of a church and are usually held in a church basement. Those suppers where you buy one ticket and all the food is there for you to enjoy (as much as you want!). Not so good when you've recently joined Weight Watchers though.


The fall harvest is perhaps one of the best things about fall as well. My mom, Nana and I went to a Hutterite colony and got a ton of fresh vegetables, baking and preserves. We bought some jams, meat pies and some fruit pies. They also had lots of different pickled things and even a ready-to-eat jarred vegetable soup.

Also, if you are a Red River College student like me, don't forget to check out the next issue - my very first installment of my brand new food column!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2103

    Hey Pam,

    Check out my favourite autumn ingredient, pumpkin! (Canned, unsweetened). My second favourite website for healthy eats (second to yours) is hungry-girl.com and has a bunch of healthy recipes using this ingredient.

    xo!

    ReplyDelete