Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Food Network Canada App

In keeping with the theme of my blog AND fulfilling a class requirement, I'd like to share with you the wonderfulness that is the Food Network Canada app.

As you can imagine, I've tried a lot of apps related to food and cooking. When I'm making meals, I don't necessarily follow recipes but I definitely take inspiration from all sorts of recipes from a bunch of different places.

I chose to blog about the Food Network Canada app because the Food Network is of course a TV channel and therefore, a business. The app uses the following principles of persuasion to get you to watch the channel.

Identification - I can use these recipes to make delicious dishes for my family, just like my favourite Food Network stars.
Action - All the recipes from my favourite Food Network stars are at my fingertips. I don't have to go to a website to see them.
Familiarity and Trust - The recipes featured are ones I've seen before on TV on a channel I like from a "company" who knows how to cook.
Clarity - the app is easily read with clear directions and nice pictures.

The reason why I love this app is because there's a vast index of recipes and I love to see the pictures (I'm very inspired by pictures). And let's face it, the Food Network is on my mind when I'm cooking. For someone who isn't an avid viewer of the Food Network (because I am already), the app is a constant reminder of what they could be learning how to make by watching the network.

1 comment: