Friday, November 25, 2011

Chef Michael Smith web videos

TV isn't like it used to be. We have so much to choose from. We channel surf and we skip commercials. As a result, the web video is becoming more and more popular. People are looking to the web more and more now to watch what they want, when they want to watch it and cooking shows are no different.

I recently watched an episode of Chef Michael Smith's new web series called Chef Michael's Kitchen. Perhaps the best part about this web series is you can watch it on your laptop or smart phone right in the kitchen when you're making something. Sure, you can look up the recipe from the episode of Chef at Home you watched last week, but being able to watch it step-by-step, right in the kitchen, is the ideal situation for any at-home cook.

I also like how different the look of the videos are to his show. They're a little more rustic looking and look less "produced". I am drawn to the look of them, although I realize they may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Check it out:

2 comments:

  1. I like the laptop in the kitchen as well. Gone are all the cookbooks. Not that I used them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still partial to cookbooks (or printouts from online recipes and blogs like this one) - too nervous to splash on my laptop.

    ReplyDelete