Monday, April 9, 2012

Calgary groceries

It's my third day in Calgary now and I have to admit, boredom is setting in a little. I went to the gym today and I sent my boyfriend's keys overnight shipping via UPS (he left yesterday and forgot his keys in my car). I just watched We Bought a Zoo though and loved it. I also start work tomorrow so by the time the work day is finished and I've gone to the gym, there won't be many hours to fill before bedtime! Oh, and my mom's coming for the weekend because my sister's doing a basketball camp in Lethbridge so I'm really excited for that!

I already know what I'm cooking tonight - just a chicken breast with some brown rice and maybe a spinach salad with blueberries on the side. I think I also have some leftover asparagus from Saturday night.

Jean and I cooked a nice meal on Saturday night for the two of us. We had steak, sweet potato fries (made from scratch, of course), asparagus, roasted garlic clove bread (from Sobeys), and spinach salad.



I'm not planning on cooking this fancy for just myself, we just wanted to cook something nice for the two of us. We also went out to this place called Haru last night and had sushi for our Easter dinner. The sushi was delicious, the service was great and we really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant.

I was hoping my Sobeys gift card my parents so generously gave me before I left would go a little further than it did. I am extremely grateful they donated to my cause but boy did $100 ever go fast (I know, reality check, right?).

Anyway, here's a sampling of what I bought:

  • chicken breasts
  • proscuitto (because I'm addicted to the stuff. Don't judge)
  • baby spinach (for salads)
  • a few frozen, microwavable dishes for lunches/dinners when I don't feel like cooking
  • Tuscan herb tilapia (so good but kind of pricey - I maybe should have just gone with regular tilapia filets and seasoned them myself)
  • yogurt
  • blueberries
  • blackberries
  • raspberries (I'm pretty into berries)
  • red grapefruit
  • apples
  • frozen yogurt (caramel pecan flavour, yum yum)
  • red onion (for salads and also for on grilled cheese sandwiches)
  • popcorn
  • brown minute rice
  • cherry tomatoes
  • frozen stir-fry vegetables
  • pecans (for salads)
  • natural peanut butter
  • honey
  • garlic
  • Renee's balsamic dressing
  • eggs
  • feta cheese
  • cheddar cheese slices
  • green tea
  • pop (Fresca and Diet Coke with Lime)
I also brought some english muffins, processed cheese slices and turkey bacon with me so I can make breakfast sandwiches.

It seems like a lot when I write it all down but I'm hoping I won't have to do much more grocery shopping than this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment