Monday, April 30, 2012

Mishmash of my last days in Calgary

My time in Calgary is quickly coming to an end and I've truly had a great experience here. Aside from missing my boyfriend, friends and family a TON, I have had an amazing time. The family I'm staying with here is awesome; I couldn't have asked for better people to stay with and the baby is just so darn cute.

Ayva, Robsen and I.


I took a trip to Canmore yesterday because I thought it would be sinful to come this close to the mountains and not actually visit them. I had lunch at a place called Communitea Cafe. I had a goat cheese, pesto, portobello panini with a mixed green salad. It was fantastic.



A few things I've learned and will miss about Calgary:

1. You have to go really, really far from Saskatchewan in order to get away from Rider fans (there are tons here, too).

2. You never, ever jay walk in front of the train. Not if there isn't one coming, not if they're at a dead stop. People just don't do it.

3. Freeways/highways/interstates are fantastic. Even when you're in rush hour traffic. Everything's better without lights.

4. Victoria's Secret, Express, H & M, Ikea :( :(

5. When you're in suburbia, you're insanely far from downtown. (I will not miss this)

6. Another thing I won't miss - taking three means of transportation to get to work in the morning: car, train, bus.

7. The Goodlife Zumba class. Omg, it's fantastic. But that's another story for another blog.

8. View of the mountains on a clear day.

9. Country music. All the time.

10. And last but not least, I will miss seeing people wearing cowboy hats at the grocery store, mall, walking down the street, etc. In Winnipeg, people would think it's obnoxious. Here, it's regular.

Anyway, I never got a chance to cook a meal for Courtenay and Kyle but Kyle wanted banana chocolate bread so that's what I made. I used a recipe from one of my favourite blogs, skinnytaste.com. Click here for the recipe.




1 comment:

  1. i LOOOOVE Communitea Cafe! Such good food and so many fun games and couches to sit on!

    ReplyDelete