Friday, January 14, 2011

I have the smoothest legs

I have to credit this idea to Amie because she gave me this for Christmas.  We met up on the 22nd and the following day (being the lover of "cooking" that I am) I immediately went out to get my own ingredients to make my own version.

Homemade Sugar & Salt Body scrub:


Best used in the shower right before you shave your legs.  It makes them super smooth after and you only need to use it once or twice a week.  

2 cups of Epsom salt
1 cup of natural sugar (I used can sugar but you can use brown sugar or raw sugar)
1/2 cup of oil such as olive (you can use avocado or any kind of nut oil but they tend to be more expensive)
1/2 cup of sweet almond oil (this is an aromatherapy oil, not a cooking oil)
few drops of any kind of aromatherapy oil you like the smell of (I used a mixture of lavender and eucalyptus)
3/4 cup agave syrup (or honey)

Combine.  Makes about 4 jars with a 1 cup capacity.  I got most of the ingredients from Vita Health and the jars from Dollarama.

I gave my girlfriends each one for Christmas but they would work for little birthday gifts as well.  I attached little bottles of hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works as well. I think making things homemade is very thoughtful and if combined with a bottle of wine, this scrub is pretty much the best birthday gift ever.

3 comments: