Wednesday, January 19, 2011

There are many fish in the sea

This is one of the best suppers I've made for myself so far so I thought I'd share with you guys. It's so easy too!

What you'll need:
1 lemon (zest and a bit of juice)
handful of chives
about 3 tbsp of butter
splash of cooking oil
any filet of fish you like (I used fresh arctic char from Gimli Fish Market and it was wonderful)
salt & peppa
wine (for you to drink while you cook of course)

What you'll do:
1. Heat a pan with a bit of vegetable oil (I used cast iron. It tends to work better than non-stick because it gives a great crust. I'm sure stainless steel would work great too though)
2. S & P both sides of the fish.
3.When the pan is nice and hot, add the fish. It should take about 2-3 min per side but it depends on the type and size of course.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan
5. Add the chives (I just cut them up with kitchen scissors, almost like you're cutting hair)
6. Zest the lemon and squeeze the juice from a half.
7. Plate the fish and spoon the sauce over the top.

I made sweet potatoe fries to go along with mine but it would go great with asparagus, salad, green beans, rice or any other side dish of your choosing!

*I had extra sauce leftover so I put it in a Zip-loc bag and put it in the freezer. You can use for next time and don't have to worry about always having fresh chives or lemons in the house.



1 comment: