Thursday, February 23, 2012

Family Fondue Fun

It's reading week and although I'm swamped with work, I still managed to treat myself to a little vacation this past weekend (which also happened to be a long weekend). I went to Regina. Not a vacation, you say? I say, of course it is/was!

Although visiting Regina isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea, it is mine! Especially because I have family there. I have a cousin who's from there who now lives in Toronto and he was flying out as well! It was nice to be able to see him without having to buy a plane ticket. We came in for my uncle's surprise 50th birthday party and we had a blast. He was so surprised and happy to see us and it was such a fun night!

I was going to blog about a fantastic restaurant in Regina called La Bodega but since we couldn't get in with a party of 10 (we couldn't get into about 12 other restaurants either), I thought I would blog about our dinner in on Sunday. We ended up going to Earl's on Saturday instead and I thought it wouldn't really make for an interesting blog post. I had some yam fries. They were pretty good. Etc.

Anyway, what we did on Sunday was a really great way to have a family dinner. We did fondue! But, not the traditional, cheese or even fry-in-oil fondue. We did grill "fondue", which technically isn't really fondue but hey? Who's counting?

We prepped a bunch of vegetables and meat and then grilled them on two grills right on the table. We also had an assortment of dipping sauces to go with. This dinner is really easy, interactive and fun! In order to make sure everything was safe, we kept the meat on one grill and the vegetables on the other. We also made sure to use our eating utensils on only the cooked food.




No comments:

Post a Comment