Friday, September 24, 2010

Feeling quite Wolfy this morning

Last night I watched The Wolfman.  It was a little more scary than Shutter Island so I'm glad I'm kind of easing into this.  The movie is a period piece, which I typically enjoy.  The costumes and details are really great.

Probably one of my favorite parts of this movie was the lighting.  It's set in the 1800s so everything is lit with candles.  Everyone looks better by candle light, I think.  Also, the moonlight plays a huge part in setting the mood of the film. 

The acting was another thing that really made this movie stand out for me.  How can you go wrong with Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro?  Emily Blunt is also quite spectacular in her role.  Her outfits are so cute and part of me wishes it was still 1891 so I could dress like that too.  She looks so skinny in those period pieces. 

There wasn't a lot of fright involved in this movie but there was a LOT of gore.  Those claws the Wolfman has are deadly.  And I mean that in the most literal sense of the word. 

This movie is a good boyfriend cuddler if you don't wanna be too scared.  There are some parts you can snuggle up to him over but there isn't anything that's going to have you losing sleep for weeks.  Other than the occasional long conversation between the characters that seem redundant, this movie is quite entertaining. 

And a side note, I never found Benicio Del Toro sexy before but he kind of is in this movie.  He's got the whole dark, mysterious character down.  It's quite appealing if I do say so myself.

Next week I will be watching Rosemary's Baby.  (Quite possibly because I just cut my hair short and I think Mia Farrow has the cutest hair in this movie.  Very cutting edge for that time period.)

2 comments:

  1. "Cutting" edge. I see what you did there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I love your expression "a good boyfriend cuddler." I could see a whole blog just on reviews of boyfriend cuddlers! You'd have a great ready-made blog audience!

    ReplyDelete